Up to date local news & blogs from our team in Croyde and surrounding areas.
One-day music festival ‘Croyde View Festival’ is back for 2016, taking place on Saturday 6th August 2016 between 11:00 and 23:00. Check the calendar: https://www.croydedevon.co.uk/events/
The festival will again be hosted at Croyde View Camping, with its stunning views across the world famous surfing beach ‘Croyde Bay’, offering an affordable one-day summer festival aimed at locals and those visiting the area.
The festival will provide a family / child friendly environment where children can be children. Locals and visitors can enjoy the stunning location whilst listening to amazing live music from the following artists:
- The Showhawk Duo – With a playing style that has broken down barriers between acoustic and electronic music, The Showhawk Duo have become an internet sensation with multiple songs reaching over 1 million views each.
- Ezio – Highly rhythmical almost manic Latin feel Rock to delicate dreamy ballads that are heartbreakingly honest and deeply poetic.
- Richard Maule – Richard charges his songs with emotion and energy, then lets it all go on stage with explosive performances captivating his audience with a mix of banging drums, soaring synths, emotive vocals and many instruments played at one time!
- U.M.B. (Never Underestimate Musical Belief) – Integrating Hip Hop with Indie, Reggae, and Rock resulting in foot stomping beats and infectious melodies that stay in your head for days.
- Exmoor Doo Dah Band – Four piece “Skiffle” band with guitars, banjo, washboard and tea chest bass.
- Ilfracombe Music Collective – A collective of musicians brought together by the love of THE GROOVE! Influenced by Herbie Hancock, Grover Washington, Miles Davis, James Brown and many more, they play Funk, Soul, Jazz and Blues with energy and passion.
- Swallowfall – With influences ranging from Trip Hop to Pop, Soul to Progressive Rock, Swallowfall have crafted a sound that never fails to hold an audience’s attention.
- Stellar Fox – Four young musicians aged between 14 and 17 delivering a powerful Blues-driven Heavy Rock sound and explosive, energetic stage presence.
- Douglas E. Powell & the Rising Spirit – Devon based songwriter, lyricist and performer of Folk, Alt-Folk, Alt-Country, Americana and acoustic music.
- Small Town Jones – Devon based singer songwriter who performs his honest style of songwriting with an intense and soulful acoustic sound.
- Isabella Elizabeth – Young Devon based acoustic artist, playing a wide range of stripped back guitar covers from Folk through to Rock.
- A Boy Called Man – Indie Folk four piece with a twist of gritty Welsh romantic under tones.
- Charley Charlesworth – Acoustic singer songwriter appealing to fans of anything from Frank Turner to the Ramones.
- The Tuesday Syndicate – With their keen eye on songwriting craft leading to comparisons with current UK heroes Passenger and Ed Sheeran, The Tuesday Syndicate tap into a sound with wide appeal that still feels tied to their Devon roots; anthemic tunes resulting in songs that depict intimate and reflective moments.
Camping is available for the weekend or the night of the festival as well as Festival Day Tickets. Early Bird Tickets are currently on sale via www.croydeviewfestival.com.
On Friday 5th August 2016 (for campers with camping tickets that include the Friday night) A Boy Called Man and The Tuesday Syndicate will be playing acoustic sets.
There will be a dedicated family area with a bouncy castle for the children, face painting and family picnic area. Croyde Craft Market will also have a number of stalls.
There will be a variety of local food and drink outlets at the event:
- Fully licensed and well stocked bar hosted by Sharp’s Brewery and Beers By Post – sharpsbrewery.co.uk / www.beersbypost.com
- Stoned Pizzas – stoned.org.uk
- Cracking Nuts – crackingnuts.com
- Carne Catering Street Food – carnecatering.co.uk
- Mabel’s Ice Cream Van – mabels-ices.co.uk
- Gratton’s Hog Roast, wild boar and venison burgers – devon-hogroast.co.uk
- Home Grown Catering Company – thehomegrowncateringcompany.wordpress.com
- Vegetarian food van
A bus will provide transportation from Knowle / Braunton to the Croyde View Festival site at Croyde View Camping (please see www.croydeviewfestival.com for full details).
Last year Croyde View Festival raised £250 from the sale of ‘Under 12’s Tickets’ and donated the money to Knowle Community Group. This year profits from under 12’s tickets will again be donated to Knowle Community Group with the aim of raising enough money to buy a defibrillator.
Croyde View Festival will take place at Croyde View Camping, Stentaway Lane, Croyde Saturday 6th August 2016. For more information please see www.croydeviewfestival.com.
A 2 for 1 Valentines surf lesson
** We guarantee to have you up and riding in your first lesson or your second lesson’s free**
Nobody asked it to is a never seen before exhibition celebrating our amazing coast, conservation and the photographers love for North Devon.
On Saturday 10 October the National Trust and Joshua Day Photography are inviting you to an inspired landscape photography exhibition, and to experience one of our special places with an added twist, it’ll be dark. With natures lights turned off we will be focusing your attention on one question, what does nature do for you?
Landscapes and habitats
The North Devon Coast and Countryside has a rich variety of habitats and ecosystems that support a huge diversity of life, and not just the flowers, mini beasts and feathered kind, but us humans to. Our local ecosystems and habitats provide a wealth of services from water management, pollination and disease control to cultural services such as recreation, reflection and spiritual enrichment.
Guests (pre-booking is essential) will be met at Mortehoe village car park on Saturday 10 October 2015, between 6.30-7.30pm and will walk down to the outdoor exhibition site on Morte Point to view the floodlit images and watch the film. Hopefully Mother Nature will bless us with starry skies.
The passions of the photographer
The exhibition brings together all of Joshua Day’s passions; nature conservation, photography and North Devon. Growing up on the North Devon coast Joshua has always had a close relationship with nature and this special coastline, through surfing, fishing, wild swimming and photography. This inspired him to pursue a career in conservation and through the National Trust Academy Ranger Training programme he joined the Woolacombe, Croyde and Morte ranger team. We are also excited to be exploring Joshua’s relationship with nature in a short film that will be premiering at the Nobody asked it to exhibition.
How to buy a ticket
Tickets are £10 per adult and £5 per child and can be purchase as follows
The event will be situated right next to the beautiful sandy beach at Croyde in North Devon, attracting classic VW’s & Porsche’s from around the country. A day to enjoy with your family, down on the beach, enjoy the surf, have a picnic or BBQ, whilst being surrounded by some wonderful Splitscreen campers, Karmann Ghias, Beetles & Bays together with 356’s & 911’s, to name but a few.
For more info see EVENTS
This Saturday! Don’t miss an unforgettable summer moment at Croyde View Festival with Saltrock
Saltrock is proud to support Croyde View Festival 2015, and as a Saltrock customer we’re giving you a heads up before the tickets sell out!
You can now buy your tickets directly on saltrock.com – click here to see all the ticket options
Croyde View Festival takes place on Saturday 8th August and is your chance to lose yourself in the real North Devon vibe and enjoy inspirational talent, stunning scenery and rolling seas right in the heart of Croyde. Packed full of brilliant local bands, delicious local food and incredible home-grown attractions, Croyde View is the perfect festival for families – safe, intimate and heaps of fun.
You’ll get to enjoy Saltrock Ambassador Andrei Burton’s extraordinary and terrifying trials biking shows – watch him test his skills to the limit, meet Andrei and even have a go yourself!
The music line up is incredible – local talent already bursting onto the international stage. Small Town Jones, The Tuesday Syndicate, Auction for the Promise Club, 24 Pesos and The Roughnecks lead a south west line up packed full of power and energy and are guaranteed to get everyone in the festival spirit!
The food and drink is all sourced locally and includes a hog roast, stone baked pizzas, cream teas, ice creams, local beers and ciders and even a wine bar. There’s loads to do for kids including a bouncy castle and entertainment all day.
So don’t miss out on this unforgettable summer moment that won’t break the bank. If you want to make a weekend of it and camp – we are, the views are incredible – it’s just £20.91 for a one-night adult camping ticket or £31.26 for the whole weekend.
Day tickets to the festival are just £13.15 including booking fee. For under 15s it’s just £2 (yes, £2) with all profits donated to The Knowle Community Group.
Tickets are selling fast so please don’t hang about. You can book directly on the Saltrock website – click here to see the ticket options and bag yourself a weekend packed full of great music, great food, great people and great fun.
Beer Festival in Devon: 3 day summer festival of beers, cider and music overlooking the beautiful Croyde Beach, North Devon. With a host of beers from local breweries and a selection of the finest acts all we need is some sunshine this summer! On the edge of the beach next to one of the best surfing spots makes it a brilliant spot for a Devon Beer Festival!
For more info see: EVENTS
Croyde SkyBar runs between 20th – 22nd August 2015
Enthusiastic runners and walkers will be in for a Devon treat at the SCRUMPTIOUS CROYDE TRAIL. This is not just any trail, this event offers every participant a delicious menu of local produce as they follow the scenic 10 mile circular route over stunning coastal and public footpaths, and around some of the UK’s finest beauty hot spots.
When? Sunday 7th June … Where? Start: Croyde Beach Car Park, Moor Lane, Croyde, leading to Saunton, Georgeham, Putsborough and back … Time? The start times are staggered from 9-11am. Check your start time on the information page a few days before the event. Did you mention food? A delicious menu of scrumptious local produce will be offered at the 12 food stops from 25 local producers along the way. Cost? Only £25 and includes the scrumptious produce (additional sponsorship optional). I can’t wait!
The GoldCoast Oceanfest midsummer weekend is all about good times, great music, keeping fit and looking after the environment. It stimulates freedom without the daily restraints by combining core values and quality experiences, whilst uniquely maintaining a youthful mystique.
The dates for the 2015 event are: 19th-21st June 2015. For more info click here.